Monday, May 31, 2010

3 Best Kept Secrets of DIA...

Happy Memorial Day! First and foremost, in honor of this day, I want to give a special shout out to my brother Jake and his colleagues who risk their lives everyday for our country. Coming from a family of US Veterans, I also want to thank all the men & women who have sacrificed their blood, sweat, and tears for us over the years. I saw a shirt that said, "Home of the free because of the brave!" I totally believe that and I am grateful for all you do!

I am celebrating from the halls of the Denver International Airport, on my way back to San Francisco. Being a frequent traveler through DIA, I thought i share it three best kept secrets, in Late-Night Show style:

Secret # 3: Terminal A Security Check-In

Anyone who has gone through the long security lines in DIA knows how time consuming they can be. The secret is the Terminal A entrance on the Departures level by the airlines check-in desk. (If you are facing the Burger King, head left to the end of the corridor.) First of all, even with long lines, its quick and fast. And there is always an interesting art/history exhibit in the glass cases along the way to keep you entertained. If your flight isn't departing from Terminal A, no worries - just shoot down the elevator to the Tram. Believe me, this has saved me hours of long security line waiting.

Secret # 2: Bathrooms by Arrivals

As any woman traveler knows, using the restr
ooms in the airport means long lines and small awkward stalls with gross sinks. Take my advice, and use the restrooms on the main floor of DIA next to the Arrival exit in the main hub. Not only are the stalls super big, the restrooms are beautifully designed with tile inlay and extremely clean. But the best part is that there is almost never a line!

Secret #1: The New Belgium Taproom in Terminal B

Makers of my favorite beer, Fat Tire, I always try to find an excuse to visit New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins, CO. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that New Belgium have a Taproom/Restaurant at the end of the United Terminal (Terminal B, by gate 90) Not only do they have my favorite Colorado beers on tap, they have great food and views that overlook the runways. If you have a long layover or arrive early for a flight, swing by and enjoy one of Colorado's best exports.

No comments: